Monday, July 27, 2026

MY MANS WEIRD EX.

Okay, peeps, before I start, just know I'm a girl's girl through and through until a girl does me wrong.

I'm 17 now, and Brodie is 18, but this story started when I was 15 and he was 16. We met on 06/04, and honestly, he's amazing.

About two months into our relationship, I started asking him about his dating history. He was completely honest with me. He told me he had two exes. The first was a sweet girl named Haylee from Texas. They were in an online relationship for about two years. After they broke up, he dated his girl best friend, Lindsey, who is from Kentucky, just like me and Brodie. They also dated for about two years.

One day, I got his Snapchat passcode. I noticed he had Lindsey blocked, but then I found an old Snap Memory of her in his bed. Of course, I completely freaked out. My first thought was that they had slept together or something.

When I asked him about it, he explained that, yes, she had been in his bed, but nothing happened between them. According to him, they never even kissed, never cuddled, and she actually thought he was weird back then. It sounded like a typical awkward middle school relationship, so I eventually decided to let it go and trust him.

Fast forward about four or five months, and Lindsey transferred to my high school. She was a grade ahead of me. When I saw her, I decided to be nice. I introduced myself, complimented her, and even talked to her about the school to make her feel welcome.

Well, that kindness didn't last long.

After our conversation, she apparently went around telling my friends that she could get Brodie back whenever she wanted. I know for a fact that isn't true, but hearing that still upset me. I had been nothing but kind to her, and she turned around and started saying things like that behind my back.

Then, about a week later, she was hanging out with some of my friends, showing them old pictures of her and Brodie from when they dated. She was also making comments about how she "made him look better."

The second I found out, I confronted her about everything she had been saying, especially the part about being able to take my boyfriend. Of course, she acted completely innocent and denied it all.

The craziest part is that she was dating one of Brodie's friends at the time, and she still is.

To this day, she still talks about me, and I honestly don't understand why. I tried to be respectful from the very beginning, but instead of returning that same energy, she chose to create drama for no reason.

By the end of the school year, her behavior had caught up with her. She only had a couple of friends left because so many people got tired of the constant drama.

At the end of the day, I don't regret being kind to her. I regret that she took that kindness as an opportunity to start unnecessary problems. Some people just thrive on attention, and sometimes the best thing you can do is let their actions speak for themselves

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tiny Things That Make Life Beautiful

Fresh flowers on the counter. Cozy blankets. A handwritten note. Fairy lights. Homemade desserts. A favorite perfume. Watching the sunset. T...