Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Me & my mans beefin.

So get this.

I'm laying in bed playing Fortnite with my sister-in-law when I tell her, "BRB, my man's bringing me another controller." Cool, right?

I walk outside and he's standing there with his two little buddies in the car.

Immediately I'm like, "Uh... what y'all doing?"

He casually tells me they're about to head over to his uncle's house to go swimming.

...At 11 p.m.

Mind you, he had just gotten off work maybe 30 minutes earlier. So you're telling me you already had plans after work, late at night, and somehow forgot to mention them to your girlfriend? That's the part that irritated me. It wasn't even about him hanging out with his friends. It was the fact that I had no clue. A simple, "Hey babe, I'm going swimming with the guys after work," would've been nice.

Then he barely texted me the entire night. I'm talking three texts. That's it.

I finally went to bed around 1 a.m., and when I woke up, all I had was one lousy "Good morning, mamas."

No.

It's not a good morning.

I texted him back. Nothing. An hour goes by with no reply. So I call him.

No answer.

Curiosity got the best of me, so I logged into his Snapchat. I didn't find anything suspicious, but one thing definitely made me pause. One of his friend's names was saved as "Daddy."

Like...

Sir?

No hate at all, but that's my boyfriend, so what exactly is going on here? 

Anyway, I logged back into my own Snapchat, and suddenly my man is blowing up my phone talking about, "Don't even start this morning."

Excuse me?

How about you actually communicate with me for once instead of acting like I'm the problem? Then he tried telling me he "texted me plenty."

Plenty?

Three texts all night is apparently "plenty" now?

Maybe I'm asking for too much, but I don't think wanting basic communication from your partner is unreasonable. If you've got plans, tell me. If you're going to disappear for hours, let me know. It takes all of ten seconds to send a text.

Communication isn't hard. People just make it seem that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tiny Things That Make Life Beautiful

Fresh flowers on the counter. Cozy blankets. A handwritten note. Fairy lights. Homemade desserts. A favorite perfume. Watching the sunset. T...